- Do Shorty Wetsuits Keep You Warm?
- Shorty Wetsuit vs. Full – Which One Should You Wear?
- What Color Surfboard Attracts Sharks (& Which Ones Don’t)
- Can You Surf in a Scuba Diving Wetsuit (or Vice Versa?)
- Do Surfboard Fins Make a Difference?
- Can You Surf with Prescription Glasses?
- How Heavy are Surfboards?
- Can Overweight People Surf?
- Do Surfers Wear Life Jackets? (Why Most Don’t)
- Do Surfers Wear Shoes? A Primer on Wetsuit Booties
- Why Don’t More Surfers Wear Goggles?
- Should Surfers Shave Their Beards?
- How Often Do Surfers Run Into Each Other?
- Do Surfers Poop in the Ocean?
- Why Don’t More Surfers Wear Helmets? (& Why Some Do)
- Do You Need a Wetsuit to Surf?
- Why Do Surfers Wear Wetsuits?
- How to Treat and Prevent Wetsuit Rash
- How to Treat and Prevent Surf Rash
- Do Surfers Shave Their Body Hair?
- How Tight Should A Rash Guard Fit?
- Wetsuit vs. Rash Guard – Which Should You Wear?
- Do Rash Guards Keep You Warm?
- Best Wetsuit for Kitesurfing Review
What are board sports? Any sport that is played with a board qualifies as a “board sport.” Surfing is the original board sport, and skateboarding was then invented by surfers who couldn’t get enough of surfing and wanted to ride on a board on land.
Since the focus of this website is on water sports, our section on board sports covers only topics related to water-based board sports instead of any land-based board sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, etc.
If you’re interested in a specific board sport, please click into any of these links for articles that are specific to that activity.